About Me

My photo
Greetings! My name is Matthew, and I love to listen to all types of metal. I'm a high school English teacher and aspiring writer. I also write reviews for the Metal Utopia webzine!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Syringe Re-records and Releases Album for Free

The death metal band Syringe has been disbanded for a number of years, but that hasn't stopped them from re-recording their album Former Life Departure and giving it to both new and old fans for free as a ministry outreach.  I downloaded it on a whim, dreading that it may be just another death metal clone.  Boy, was I wrong!  This is a band of stellar musicians with a wide range of influence.  My ears picked up hints of Extol, Mortification, and perhaps even a bit of Believer at times.  Don't worry, though!  Syringe is pretty unique.  So check it out!  You have nothing to lose, because it is absolutely FREE!

Click here to visit their bandcamp page and download Former Life Departure.  There are also links below and you can listen to the songs.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment